There are so many good things about Craigslist. The most positive about Craigslist is that thousands of people are working to build their lives together. People are finding family members through friends and family members are finding wonderful new relationships. However, with this site there are some warning signs to be aware of. Because just about anyone can add you on Craigslist with nothing more than a photo and a general description.
Here are some tips to help you stay safe on Craigslist.
1. Only move to Craigslist if you personally know the owner of the site you are on. Avoid meeting strangers in person.
2. Don’t let your guard down just because a stranger might offer a free listing.
3. Learn how to create a profile that is not amazing.
4. Etihersider that this is a public site and that anyone can see your profile. If you claim to be a nice person with a great job and a wonderful family, they may just come to you.
5. Create a website about yourself to share with others who can be reached by email.
6. Only vote every time if you really have to choose one.
7. Lastly, no matter how nice someone may seem, if they have a criminal past, suspicious views and a history of stealing, you really should not invite them onto your site.
Above all, use common sense. If you really believe that the person wants to meet you, then invite them to a different time and place. Common sense is the friend that will save your life on Craigslist.
Advice: If you really believe that the person is who they say they are, then they will be much more wary about meeting you over the Internet. And don’t be afraid to be really direct with them if you have any questions. Craigslist is a free community with no real rules and values outside of that. If you cant clearly identify who you are dealing with on a personal level, then don’t engage.
Shopping for a roommate.
You are probably very interested in finding out if there is someone who would like to rent your apartment. You have to be very careful at first, because you will want to fall in love and then you want to find out if she is interested. You will want to know how long they have been living in the apartment, and you will want to know what she is doing about money. These are good questions to ask, and you will want to get a response or read the information they will send you back.
You will want to know how long they have been living in the apartment, and you will want to know what she is doing about money. These are good questions to ask, and you will want to get a response or read the information they will send you back.
The bad thing is that once you do know this information, you will want to find a way to hide it from your current roommate. If your new friend likes the idea, then you may want to help hide her information as well.
The only way to really hide something is to go to the site and register as them. Then you will want to think about Ever after you have filled out the information, and you will want to know if the person is really who they say they are. If you find out that he is not who he says he is, then you will want to make arrangements to report him to the site administrators.
This is how you can really protect yourself on Craigslist. You will want to think about this now, because it is going to save you a lot of time, and money as well.